Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Littlest Voter.

So, Ellie and I survived our first day home together, thanks to some help from Grams (thanks Grams.) Overall, Tim and I don't know what we'd do without our families so close by.

Things are getting easier every day, but I'd still define my current state of living as "survival mode." For example, baby will sleep on my chest for a half hour, allowing me to sleep for fifteen of those minutes? Fine, do it. Fifteen minutes of sleep I wouldn't normally have. Today I did manage to get a shower in all by myself, during the only time of the morning that Ellie wasn't fussing. I am not quite sure what her deal is, and I sort of miss my baby friend who would sleep for two hours straight between changings and feedings. It's cute to see her more alert, except I'm not really sure what she wants. I suspect it's that she wants to nurse for three hours straight, and let's be honest, I'm not capable of that. We're trying to keep her off a pacifier for now, so she ends up sucking on one of my fingers instead. Which still does not leave me with a lot of room to roam.

This morning the Ford family walked together to the local elementary school to vote. Ellie was very excited about her first bit of democracy.

I know, she's a little slumpy. It's not her best shot.

At 10:30 tonight Ellie will be officially two weeks old. She's really growing up. Even her little face is changing - she looks more like a baby and less like a squishy newborn. She spends more time alert and looking around at us. I still love all of her little squeakiness. Tomorrow we're back to the pediatricians for her two week check up - hopefully all of this eatin' will have her a few ounces up.

In closing, this baby is cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment