Thursday, November 18, 2010

Fancy Girl!

Another good night of sleep! It may be short lived, but for now, I feel like Tim and I have an actual handle on Ellie's nighttime routine. I do the last feeding, he takes her for her hour of fussing while I go to sleep, and then once she's out, he goes to sleep too. I am getting 8 hours of sleep in pretty good chunks (last night five hours, followed by an hour, and then two more hours before 8am) and Tim sleeps from 11ish until 7. I am still sleeping in the nursery with her in the bassinet next to me, but it works for us. I can easily reach over and bump her white noise machine when it stops, and it helps that I can just open one eye a slit when trying to determine if she's making noise because she's actually fussing, or if she's just being a loud sleeper. Don't worry though, we are planning on moving her to her crib, and I will sleep in our big bed once again (especially since we just bought new fancy pants sheets on sale!)

Last night Ellie got to hang out with her Grandma and Grandpa, who like the lifesavers they are, once again brought Tim and I's lazy asses some delicious dinner. Ellie is looking forward to going out to Yorba Linda for a visit on Saturday too - maybe we will let her go through bird food at the ducks on the lake! Only if she behaves though.

Today the Ellerina and I went over to mom and dad's to back mom up in case the blinds guy came to measure after she needed to leave to pick up Sara. Instead, the blinds guy and I arrived at the same time. It meant that we were all able to pick Sara up and Auntie Sara and Ellie got in a little time together while driving back to the house.

It's amazing how fast the weeks have passed - can you believe that Elizabeth will be a month old tomorrow? Me neither. You know what that means - only 11 more months of nursing (haha...) It has been the toughest, most amazing month of my life, and it's true that it's hard to remember what life was like before. Even looking at pregnancy pictures - it's weird to me that Ellie used to live inside me. She is so different and more spectacular than I ever thought she'd be back when she was just my Baby Sequins (secretly though, she was always Jelly Bean to me.) I love her more than I ever thought possible, and seeing Tim as her sweet daddy makes me love him more every day too.

Enough mush. Today Grams gave Ellie her first ring. Here she is rocking it in her carseat, shortly before we headed out to pick up Sara.

Look at her! She's already a young lady!


This video is not TERRIBLY interesting, but it's cute. At first when watching it I thought Tim must have made it while I was asleep, but then I realized I'm on the couch next to him, telling him at one point that Ellie is not hungry, because she'd just spent an hour eating. Sleep deprivation, it'll get you. Please enjoy some baby noises, and Tim making fun of his offspring.

No comments:

Post a Comment