Friday, November 5, 2010

We Survived Week One!

Unbelievable but true! Elizabeth and I survived a whole week without Tim being home. Massive credit goes to my mom for coming over and keeping an eye on me, and Don and Eileen for bringing us dinner several times. And to Tim, for taking over the baby watching duties when he gets home from work so that I can go and get an early jump on sleeping.

Today I went to a mommy matters class that they told me about at the hospital. Didn't make any new best friends, but it was a really nice group of women, so I will be back next week, and will perhaps be brave enough to get some phone numbers and make a lunch date or two. Then Ellie and I ran by Blizzard to meet her daddy's nerd friends. The boys were all very sweet about her, even though Ed was obviously frightened of her babyness. Andrew asks questions like, "if all she eats is breastmilk, how does she turn it into poop?" I do not know, but she certainly does.

It's nice to know that I have Tim's full time help for the next 48 hours. He's great at cuddling and calming her down, and gives me a couple of nap breaks a day. For a guy who was always scared to hold babies, he is pretty fearless with his own, and he's a champion diaper changer.

No comments:

Post a Comment