Monday, November 15, 2010

Excellent Monday.

After a really rough day yesterday (which included the baby nursing for 20 minutes, sleeping for 5-10 and then screaming for 20-30 minutes, rinse repeat) Ellie and I had a fabulous day today. As for her behavior yesterday, around 7 I finally gave in and called the doctor's office and the nurse on call said that it was probably something out of character that I ate and the baby didn't like, so she was in nursing overdrive to try to get whatever it was out of my system, and her system as fast as possible. Nothing to do but wait it out and stay hydrated. Thank goodness Tim was home with us to refill my water bottle and help flip between football games.

But yes. Today. We had a lovely one! We slept in until almost 9, we spent a lot of time eating, and then she got in a good snoozer while I put together her birth announcement (look for it in your mail in the next few weeks!) I got a chance to eat lunch and tidy a little and then she and I went for a walk around the neighborhood for 45 minutes or so. It's nice just to get out. She slept basically the whole time, but I talked to her all the while about dogs and flowers and the weather and everything else we passed. I felt so much more human to be out and about, even if I was unshowered and in fancy pajama pants.

Then Grams came by and did some baby holding while I took a shower. Gotta stay sweet smelling for my hardworking husband! And now, more football to be watched!

Here's an out take from her birth announcement photo session

No comments:

Post a Comment