Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thursday Evening.

Ellie and I had a pretty fabulous night of sleep last night - between 10pm and 10am, I was asleep for more than 6 hours, so that's miraculous. Part of it she did spend sleeping on me, but most of it she spent in her Lulyboo or on her big boppy pillow.

I am also getting better in general about always answering yes when someone asks me if I want to go lay down while they watch the baby. YES TO SLEEP! Also, I am doing better on "just say no to crying." It has been 24 hours since I last wept for no apparent reason. Oh hormones, thank you for giving me a break.

Today mom came over with lunch and then we took Ellie to Target, to buy diapers and also to get me out of the house. Ellie normally enjoys time in her carseat, but she got pretty nutty at Target and I ended up carrying her around in my arms, where she fell asleep. Probably better that I couldn't try on too many outfits. It also encouraged mom and I to bust out my ergo baby carrier and moby wrap, to try to figure out if I could babywear Ellie. The answer is yes, so that's good.

Auntie Sara came by for a little bit this afternoon as well and go to help change diapers. Hey, any time someone else wants to change a diaper, I am all good with it.

Other than that, things are pretty quiet around here, as one would expect when living with a little critter who spends her day sleeping, squaking and eating. Tim and I have had a couple of hours here and there where Ellie just WON'T stop crying and we can't figure out what's wrong with her... until she suddenly trumpet blasts a huge poo. Such is the glamorous life of a new parent!

I took the cutest picture of her today, post-bath... but then I accidentally deleted it. DANG IT. She looks real good with her hair did. And considering that yesterday while on the scale she peed, and then the pee went all down her back, she needed a bath, good hair or not. Her cord has still not fallen off so she only gets the washrag, but we're looking forward to busting out her baby tub not too long from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment