Monday, November 8, 2010

Monday, Monday.

We are in the midst of some serious sleep deprivation, between general fussiness, gassiness and a possible growth spurt. All normal, I hear, but it's still enough to make me feel a little crazy at 3am. Thank goodness for my mom - just as I'm doing my best to keep Ellie calm, she is doing her best to keep me sane.

Ellie's umbilical cord stump finally fell off today (gross.) She was wearing a sleeper thing with an open bottom and it hit the floor while mom was holding her. I wondered what a baby could possibly drop (since it's not like she has any fine motor skills, or pockets in which to hide treasures) and there it was. Her next bath will be in her little tub!

In other news, today Lulu is seven. It's her made-up birthday, based on her approximate age when we adopted her. Lulu has been a sweet little girlfriend to me over the past three weeks, even though I don't have nearly the time to love on her that I once had. She's happy to snuggle up to me on the couch while I nurse, and if I lay down to take a nap, she's immediately at my side. When the baby's wailing, it's nice to have my little cat friend still purring away.

No comments:

Post a Comment