Sunday, February 13, 2011

Welcome to my Crib!

Night one of Operation Crib Sleep was remarkably successful! Tim put her down around 9, though when he first put he down, he left her in the center of her crib. That lasted five minutes. When he went back in, soothed her and moved her next to the crib wall, she slept until 7am. The only downside is that she was really noisy last night - not sure if it was because the bassinet wasn't muffling the monitor, or that perhaps she was squeakier because the bed was unfamiliar. She never actually woke up though - she just woke us up with her noise. We'll be moving the monitor to the nightstand tonight. It doesn't really need to be a foot and a half from her squaky little head.

We're also starting to put her down a little earlier at night. Friday night she went down at 8:30 and slept until 7am. Last night she was down from 9 until 7. Putting her down earlier also means that she spends less time fussing at Tim. I guess her being up until 10 made her too overtired? Either way, it feels like bedtime is getting SO much easier, and it's nice to have a little adult time after she goes to sleep.

Yesterday afternoon we went out to Yorba Linda so Ellie could hang out with her grandparents and take her first Patrick Duffy ride on the lake. She did remarkably well, though I am going to have to get her a sun hat or something - she gets so fussy when the sun is in her eyes.

She was a pretty good baby during dinner and dessert, and then thankfully, slept the whole car ride home.

Meanwhile, I went to the gym yesterday morning and did my first bout of weight training in about six months. I've also apparently caught Tim and the baby's cold, so today I am officially crippled and unable to swallow. I'm glad it's Sunday so Tim can do a little baby minding while I pass out. I was so sore that last night I woke up every time I needed to roll over. It was like the last few months of pregnancy all over again. Except that at least I wasn't getting kicked in the ribs!

Bonus nature shot of our front yard and the daffodils sprouting. Mom does good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment