Wednesday, February 2, 2011

High Quality Mothering.

Today I had lunch with the mommy girls. I got Ellie fed before we left, loaded her up and got on the road. Of course, right as I pulled onto the freeway she began pooping it up. Excellent. But no big deal, we got to BJs and I brought her into the restroom to change her.

Of course, she had turded through her clothes. She hates having her clothing changed, so she screamed bloody murder in the stall. Her screams echoed loudly while I changed her giant diaper and tugged off her outfit, all while assuring her that it was okay and almost over. Thankfully, the other women in the restroom with us were nice, grandmotherly types who did not give me the stink eye (though seriously, why do people give the stink eye to mothers of young babies? You think I LIKE hearing her freak out?)

I had to put her in her emergency outfit, which I carry in my diaper bag for just such an occasion. It's a 3 month old long sleeved, long pantsed outfit. Except, now she is too big for it, so it was more of a long sleeved outfit with capri pants. Thank goodness it wasn't a feetie outfit, because that never would have worked.

Sat down at the table, and she continued to absolutely lose her bananas. I tried to nurse her and she looked up at me from under the nursing cover and just SCREAMED. It took me a good ten minutes to get her going and down to business. Oh, Ellie Belle. She made me feel like a total idiot, but thankfully, when she started hollering again, one of the other mommies assured me "she's not actually as loud as you think she is."

When we got home this afternoon (after a trip to knitting as well!) I changed her diaper and took off her too-small outfit. I pulled out one of her previously unworn six month outfits but did not put it on her. She was screaming so furiously that I just slapped a diaper on her, wrapped her up and nursed her to sleep. She is now in her swing, nude except for the blankets, with her clean outfit on the floor next to her, awaiting her wake up. Excellent job Meg, excellent job.

No comments:

Post a Comment