Friday, February 11, 2011

Sleeping Bean.

So, this weekend it's time. It's time to try to get Elizabeth out of her Lulyboo bassinet and into her crib. She's already sort of in the crib (in her Lulyboo in her crib) but she's getting too big and she needs to sleep on the crib itself. We tried last weekend but she only slept 15 minutes at a time, probably because the crib was just too big of a space for her. The solution? We bought crib bumpers. They get a lot of bad press for SIDS risk, which is why I didn't get any initially, but she likes to sleep with her little head pressed against the side of her Lulyboo, and has since she was teeny tiny. I used to freak out about it and move her, but she'd just scoot back. I bought breathable bumpers and we'll lay her close to them and let her do her face smashing routine if she so desires.

We've got to get on it, because the next step is going to be having her sleep unswaddled. Once babies are rolling over, they need to have their arms free at night. She's sleeping unswaddled for naps now, but it's still part of her night routine. As you can see, she's starting to protest against that as well:

Please note that her arm is supposed to be velcored down by her side.

She and I had kind of a rough morning. We did not walk because our timing was off with Keri. So we did some eating and some play time and she had a bath. I figured she'd be all ready to snuggle in and nap, so she ate but then protested. We tried rocking, we tried reading, and while I was in the middle of a book, she yakked all over herself (and me.) Stripped off her outfit and was about to take her to change her into something new when she yakked all down her little nudey self (and my legs.) So, back into the bathtub for her! And here I was, feeling so smug because I'd managed to get her fully bathed and re-diapered without any poo or pee incidents (earlier this week she peed all over her towel AS I was picking up her diaper to put it on her.)

I finally did what any good parent would do. I plopped her in her swing, gave her her favorite dolly and let her watch Sportscenter while I took a quick shower before I started reeking of sour milk.

But now it is time for mommy class, and then we will go out with the girls. Hopefully she will give me a break and maybe let me eat lunch in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment