Sunday, February 20, 2011

Church ladies.

Today my little lady friend and I finally made it to church. I've been meaning to get there with her for weeks, nay, months! But something always seemed to get in the way - either she'd have a terrible Saturday night or Sunday morning she'd sleep in and we just couldn't get our bananas together on time. But the associate pastor has been very nice about keeping in touch with us and saying he'd see us when he saw us, so that was nice. And today was the day!

I went when Ellie was due for a nap, hoping that she'd fall asleep within a few minutes and I could just hold her. Oh, I held her alright. I held her by the back wall, rocking and patting her back. I tried to sit down a few times and she immediately squaked. She did fall asleep eventually. About five minutes before church was over. But she was remarkably good and surprisingly quiet. I got a lot of compliments from the church ladies about what a good girl she was being and what a lovely baby she was, so that made me feel good, because the 9:30 service is full of blue hairs, and blue hairs can go either way in terms of smiling at your baby or shooting you the death look. They do have a nursery on site and the woman who runs it introduced herself to me, but I had to explain that my baby cries if anyone else holds her. She is a gem, really.

Tim and had lunch and then went for a walk with our little friend. It was an amazingly gorgeous day once the rain and left. Clear days like today make it hard for me to hate this smog filled craphole of a state.

As you can see, the snow really got in our way today.

But ultimately, it was all good in the hood.

No comments:

Post a Comment