Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Another important lesson.

Teaching her how to pucker up.

We had a really nice day yesterday with Grandma Rosie. She let me take her out for lunch, an Ellie was content to sit in her carseat and gum her dolly while we ate. Then we went to check out the quilt store in Lake Forest. Elizabeth actually seemed to enjoy it quite a bit, and I worked on teaching her about colors, via standing her in front of various racks of fabric and pointing things out to her. I probably looked like a nutball "what color is this? Right, it's BLUE!"

We came home and while Ellie took a nice nap, Grandma Rosie recorded two Hallmark recordable storybooks for her - Twas the Night Before Christmas and Bright and Beautiful, a Child's Blessing. Grandma did a wonderful job, and I know the books will be treasured for years to come. Us girls picked Sara up at work together and shared some little scones from Starbucks, and then I dropped everyone off at the epicenter of bubonic plague (aka Mom and Dad's house) and came home to hang out with Ellie's daddy-o. She was so happy to see him and did some good playmat time. And she and I read about forty five books before bed.

I'm so glad that Grandma Rosie and Elizabeth Rosemarie are getting so much time together. They are truly two of my very favorite people in the entire world, and they both look so happy together. I know Grandma is a little stressed about getting stranded by the weather, but we're definitely glad to spend a little more time with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment