Wednesday, February 16, 2011

No! Sleep! To Brooklyn! (Brooklyn!)

So, it looks like Elizabeth is having a growth spurt/that brat may be trying to kill me. Yesterday from 7am - 9pm, she napped for a total of about 90 minutes. In pieces. And once it took a car ride to get her to nod off. To fill her time, she insisted on hanging out on her boppy, eating her brains out. In between meals she was remarkably happy and well mannered, so I sort of just let her go, even though I could tell she was tired. If there was a way to get her to sleep, I'd do it!

This morning was much of the same. We were trapped indoors by the rain, and she took a brief morning nap (30 minutes) and then a second little snoozer around 10. And that was it, until she finally fell asleep in the car on the way home from knitting. I drove home the long way to encourage added snoozing, but we had to come stop driving eventually.

The good news is that she continues to sleep through the night, which is more than the other moms of four months olds in mommy group can say right now. So, fingers crossed that it continues, lest I be forced to just lay on the floor and let us both be eaten by wolves out of pure exhaustion.

In other news, she is cute as all get out. Even though by the time Tim comes home, I am so glad to hand her off and have fifteen minutes of time to myself, I love hanging out with her. She's getting more fun every day. She does a ton of cooing in response to my discussions with her. She doesn't laugh at me the way she does Tim, so any time I get a giggle out of her my heart just bursts. And the smiling. She is an excellent smiler.

It's also fun to watch her take interest in new things. She has discovered that we have cats and will follow them around the room with her eyes. Sometimes they'll come near enough to me while I'm holding her and I'll have her reach out and pet them. Once while Tim was holding her, she got a huge handful of Thory's fat flank and he had to then remove her hand AND pull all of the cat fur out from between her fingers. She's also discovering more of her toys. She continues to love her Cece dolly, especially because Cece's hat is incredibly chewable. But now suddenly she's grabbing at Mr. Crinkley Elephant in her playmat to chew on his feet, and trying to pull her monkey dangle toy into her gaping maw. And today, I found out that she LOVES the cat toy that was in her Christmas stocking (it's not really a cat toy, but it looks remarkably like one Thor has. Except Thor's has another ball inside that he tries to bat at.)

I know that in this picture she sort of looks like Hannibal Lecter, but trust me, it's cute.

And with that, she's been asleep for a half hour, and has now woken up screaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment