Sunday, February 6, 2011

We Are the Champions!

February 6th, 2010: got up before 7am and took a pregnancy test, thus beginning my long odyssey to parenthood. We hosted a Superbowl party the next day and it was all I could not to shout "I'M INCUBATING A HUMAN BABY!"

February 6th, 2011: got up before 7am to feed the baby some delicious breakfasts. Spent the whole day tense about the game. Finished the evening by shouting "my team's the Superbowl Champion!" and having cake and champagne with some of our favorite friends. There was pizza, there were chips and oh my goodness, we had some of the best dips ever. I officially outweigh Shamu now. I'm glad I took the long way home during my walk today.

It's official though: the Packers win EVERY game when Ellie is wearing green and gold. And thanks to her Uncle John, she's got green and gold to grow.

Here she is, posing with the delicious cake. Erlynne picked it up from Costco for us, because whether we won or lost, the Bears still sucked.

Here she is with her dorky parents, who are wearing matching shirts. Our say "water covers 70% of the earth. Charles Woodson covers the rest."

No comments:

Post a Comment