Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentimes!

Happy Valentines from my little sweetie! (sorry about the picture size - I am using Sara's netbook and can't figure out how to resize it in Safari. Click on it to make it normal.)

She had another great night in her crib. She was much quieter last night. I still woke up constantly, because Thory Boy Bear was working on a hairball. Even after we got up and force fed him cat laxative at 1am. So the score is, Childrenses, 2. Mom, 0 for the past two nights. Jerks.

This morning was Elizabeth's four month check up, a few days early. She's 14 lbs, 15 ozs and 25 inches long. Her noggin is 42 cms around, and so she's solidly at the 75% for all of her measurements. I've been worrying about the fact that she hasn't rolled over yet, but the doc said it might not happen until 6 months, so no worries. I will continue to sing "there were five in the bed and the little one said roll over, roll over" every time I make her do tummy time. Not that it helps much - her command of English is still subpar. However, when I mentioned that her sleep is from about 9pm until 7am the doc was totally amazed and said "I better write that in her chart. That's great!" I am just crossing my fingers that Ellie's love of night time rest means that she won't go through a four months sleep regression. Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

Though, while we were sitting in the waiting room a mom came in with 7 week old twin boys, who both wanted to eat and be held while we were waiting. Watching her try to pick up one floppy baby while another floppy baby cried in her arms made me count my blessing, single.

Last night Tim and I went out for dinner at El Maguey and brought our little pinto bean with us. She was so good! She sat in her carseat, gummed her doll and watched poker in the teevee while we ate, and didn't get fussy until the very end. She also went to Target with me yesterday and had a great time. I wore her in the Baby Bjorn carrier and she smiled at other shoppers. It was the cutest thing - I was pushing the cart with her on my chest, and she had her little mitts wrapped around my thumbs as we walked. She just wanted to help push the cart.

No comments:

Post a Comment