Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Swimmy Fish!

The girls from my mommy group have been really nice about sending out emails when they sign their kids up for a class - music class, Gymboree, swim class. I was hesitant about signing up and paying for anything because 1) she's a total tiny nugget and 2) she was such a colicky pain for so long that I worried I'd pay for a class and then never get out of the house in time to go/she would have a terrible time. But as she's gotten bigger and better, I've reviewed my stance, and decided that swim class might be fun, and good preparation for time in the pool this summer.

I signed up for the class that two of my friends are taking and came today at noon. Elizabeth was in her swim diaper, her darling pink and silver flowered bathing suit and her kitty head bathrobe from her cousin Hailee. She was so cute! And so happy to be there, despite that I spent almost a half hour trying to find the damn place, and she pooped in her swim diaper while we were driving (note: the facility is less than three miles from our house.) There was plenty of screaming in the car, and she had real human tears on her face when we finally got inside. Part of me was like, "this is why I don't do classes!"

The good news is that she LOVED class. She was totally unafraid. They didn't dunk her all the way under, but the instructor dipped her down so half of her face was covered. She floated on her back a little and was twirled around in the water. She was calm and happy the whole time, and when I held her on her stomach, her fat little legs would start kick kick kicking! It was a rousing good time. And then we came home, had a bath and now she's sleeping. Being a swimmy fish takes a lot of out of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment