Thursday, February 3, 2011

Growing Before My Eyes.

Oh my bean sprout. She is growing so fast. After yesterday's debacle of the onesie that looked like capris and then a naked nap due to screaming when the idea of delaying eating for getting dressed was presented, I finally got her ready to try on her first six month outfit. I thought it would be enormous on her. It fits. There's still room to grow, but it's obviously the size she should be wearing.

So I went through her closet and pulled out all of the six month outfits and did all of her laundry. Then most of the 3 month outfits got folded and put away. There were definitely a few sweet moments as I held up the tiny newborn clothes and said "remember when she was this small?" We both got a little misty, even though truthfully, she only fit in newborn stuff for about a week and a half.

There are other signs that she's getting bigger by the day. I realized that I need to loosen the straps of her carseat because I may be cutting off blood to her internal organs. I mean, she's definitely secure in there, but possibly a little too secure. And while it used to be that when we were driving, I couldn't reach back and touch her when she was crying, now she's tall enough that my hand easily reaches the top of her little head. Not that it stops her from crying.

Honestly, I love seeing her getting bigger, and am not terribly nostalgic for my wobbly, screaming, tough to feed newly borned. I think I am more of a baby person.

She's just so fun. All of the gummy smiles and the chit chatting we do. When she's getting changed, I hand her her stuffed giraffe and she smiles at me and then jams his fuzzy feet into her mouth. She's really starting to reach for things, and is usually much entertained by her little seedling doll when out in public. Tim usually gets her up in the morning and changes her while I get ready to provide the most important meal of the day and even though she's usually wailing when he brings her out into the living room, she'll see me and give me one huge smile before starting to scream again. I love walking with her in the morning and talking to her about various trees and plants until she falls asleep. I like sitting her in my lap to read books, even if it's the same ones every day. And of course, I really love that she goes down at 10pm and sleeps until 7am! I feel so lucky to be at home with her. Even on the hard days, she's such a blessing, and turning out to be such a fun little person.

No comments:

Post a Comment