Sunday, October 17, 2010

What a Day!

...and it's not even 5pm yet.

So, I got hardly any sleep last night. I am a little loopy today. It's the baby due date and I know everyone is foaming at the mouth for me to produce some live young.

The overhead lighting in our bathroom started flickering this week. This morning Tim decided to buy some new bulbs to get it all fixed up. While removing the little plexi glass thingie on the light box, it broke. So, his trip to Home Depot required both bulbs and a new plastic cover. No biggie right? A quick fix. The other thing he purchased at Home Depot was some new casters for our shower doors, which don't roll very cleanly anymore - and one of them actually doesn't grip the glass half the time (I'm not explaining it well, but just go with me on this.) After his overhead lighting project success, he went back to the bathroom, promising that he would fix the door and then he would come and sit with my tired butt on the couch. About a minute later, cue a crash and a holler. He'd gotten the door off the tracks, but then it just SHATTERED in his hands. And it's safety glass, but still glass. I went in there to an enormous mess, which we have spent the last two hours cleaning up with the help of mom and dad's shopvac, some yard work gloves and a lot of sweeping and swearing. The good news is that Tim (who was in the shower in shorts and bare feet) didn't get too cut up.

Yeah. Not our best look. But thankfully with some cleaning, the shower will be usable. Tim and I are already joking about how it reminds us of the hotel we stayed at in Nice, on our honeymoon. Except on our honeymoon, the one sided shower door was on the opposite side of the tub from the shower head - it ended up that one person stood behind the door and soaped and then the other person was responsible for helping them rinse. It was very romantic, in a "lots of water on the floor" way.

In addition to the storm of glass, we also realized today (thanks to Dad) that Tim's car needs new tires IMMEDIATELY. If it's not one thing, it's another. So tomorrow I'll be taking the car for new tires and trying to get someone out to quote us on new shower doors.

I was also joking that tonight will then probably be the night that I go into labor, since I'm already tired beyond belief. I can just see myself walking in to the hospital and demanding the good drugs, so I can sleep for an hour or two before having to push. It would be just my luck.

In the meanwhile, I present a photo entitled Due Date, With Cat

She is not looking at the camera because she wants to get up on the mantle and break something too.

No comments:

Post a Comment