Sunday, October 10, 2010

Date Night.

I have officially completed all of the tasks that involved pre-purchased tickets during the end of my pregnancy. So now Sequins can come when she wants, because I won't lose out on anything that I've already bought. Last night Tim and I head up to LA to see They're Playing Our Song at the Freud theater. It was funny to both of us because the day we found out we were pregnant, we also had a date at the Freud. We'd both commented "wouldn't it be funny if we went into labor tonight, and the baby's life was bookended by live theater?" It was not to be, which was probably for the best. One of the ladies at the theater saw my belly and said "you sure are brave." Little did she know I was an hour away from my hospital (but thankfully, minutes from UCLA medical center.)

The show was great and we had a fabulous date in Los Angeles, which is always fun. We walked around campus for awhile and joked that if Sequins did get into and attend UCLA, we would probably be the world's most embarrassing parents. We'd be the parents with season tickets who try to show up at their kid's dorm room too often, and who overshared about their own college experiences in the face of a bunch of bored teenagers.

Yesterday the guy came to clean up and fix our ceilings. It took him longer to tape everything off than it did to actually spray, so now that's finally done. Tomorrow the painters will come and put a coat of paint onto everything. And then, hopefully this long and beautiful construction project will be completed, and I can entertain myself with some dusting and some floor cleaning and other wonderful things. I am sincerely looking forward to it.

Other than that, no news to report. I am as pregnant as they come, and still pretty comfortable. The biggest thing I miss right now is being able to sleep on my stomach, and not having to flop around like a walrus every time I want to roll over in bed. I'm sure Tim is also excited about the prospect of me being able to move around without grunting and flailing and waking him up.

No comments:

Post a Comment