Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Funny Thought

(which I know I will get glared at for expressing. I am prepared for said glare.)

So, you know how sometimes your parents look at you when you've done something annoying or boneheaded, and say "oh, I hope you end up with a kid just like you," and you think, "FINE, ME TOO, I AM AWESOME."

Parents, think twice about expressing that sentiment. Because I have heard it more than once from my mom and dad. And now, as they wait eagerly to become grandparents, it's coming true. Granted, Sequins is not overdue yet, but like her mother, she seems to have no inclination to get born, just as 29 years ago, I hung out in the womb for an extra FIFTEEN DAYS until evicted.

Hope you're happy that I'm getting a kid just like me, mom and dad. Happy, and enjoying the interminable wait.

In the meanwhile, I am keeping busy today by scouring the house while blasting showtunes. I am secretly hoping that like her parents, the baby will love showtunes enough to want to come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment