Thursday, October 28, 2010

SUCCESS!

The baby slept in her Lulyboo bassinet last night! Granted, it was in our bed with us, but she was in her own little bed, not being spooned by me. We are hoping that by the end of the week (when Tim goes back to work) we can put her Lulyboo in her crib and she will sleep in her own bedroom. We are working in baby steps, and just trying to remember that a week and a half ago, she was living inside me, hearing my heartbeat all of the time, being warm and comforted. Being put in a giant crib is a very different experience. I have a sleep aid stuffed animal that I am hoping will help her a bit. And if it takes us a little longer than we'd like, it takes a little longer. She's still a newborn - it's not like we are letting our 12 year old sleep with us at night.

I am feeling awesome today after getting the best sleep since the hospital. She did a three hour stretch and then two stretches of two hours apiece. I have to admit, I am looking forward to when she can go a little longer in between feedings, and when she can do her eating in shorter time frames. I mean, I am getting a lot of late night HGTV watching done, but I'd rather be sleeping.

What else? Yesterday we went for a nice walk around our neighborhood and Ellie met her first dog (she was uninterested. She is a cat person, clearly.) Lulu and I took a two hour nap on the couch, which was a beautiful thing.

Here is a picture of Ellie's cuteness. I bought her a bow at Walgreens.

Here's what happens if you don't sleep a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment