Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Obligatory Baby Update.

Had my 39 week check up today. The baby has lots of delicious amniotic fluid. She grew quite a bit from last week but is still not alarming huge or anything. She was appropriately active on the nonstress test. The doctor once again proclaimed her "perfect." I am apparently very excellent at growing happy and healthy babies.

However, she continues to show no inclination towards moving towards the exit. She is fine sitting in the middle seat on a non-exit row even as the plane as approaching the airport for final descent. There is not really anything I can do to get her out, so the doctor said he would give me until week 42, but then we'll have to induce. I have my concerns about inductions, csections and medical interventions. In my hormonal state, I actually have a LOT of hysterical concerns, but I can't let myself get too crazy about it all.

I know I will have her in my arms by Halloween. Other than that, I am just working on taking deep breaths, enjoying her little baby kicks and rolls, and enjoying spending time with my boyfriend and our families. I feel like quite the watched pot, but it's nice that everyone is excited for our little arrival. All I can say is, we'll be sure to let everyone know when there is news to know, but in the meanwhile, send thoughts out to Sequins that she needs to get her bags packed and start heading south for the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment