Saturday, October 2, 2010

Mostly Photos.

So much for sleeping in this morning - I was up at 6 and that was it. I predict quite the nap later this morning. In lieu of resting, let me offer you some pictures of the recent action around our house.

The paint job is not done. Yesterday the same dude who'd been struggling to get the patches right on Tuesday, Wednesday AND Thursday was sent again, this time with a sidekick. So... the dude can't get it right, and now he's the foreman of the job? After 4 hours of the same crap on a new day (texture the crap out of the ceiling, ask me what I think, I say it doesn't match, he tells me it either just needs paint or it just needs more texture, then I say I don't think so, scrape and start over...) I called uncle. The contractor is sending a different crew on Monday. He said the dude who'd been here usually handles patch and paint jobs of my size without problem. Well, the original 1 foot square patches in my foyer and bedroom have now become 3 foot blotches that look like ceiling pimples. And my kitchen just sort of looks like it's been painted - you can still see the exact outline of where the light box was. I have total faith in the contractor, I know he'll get it right and he won't leave until it's perfect, but SWEET FANCY MOSES. I am now 38 weeks pregnant. I'm hormonal. I'm nesting. I'm pretty OCD about cleanliness even when there isn't a second person sharing my internal organs with me. I am ready to not be sweeping my floors every night. I am ready to not be getting up at 6:30 to wrangle cats. So, hopefully they'll be done on Monday. Or maybe I'll go into labor and someone else can supervise the job. Just kidding, I am not ready to go into labor.

Would you like to see something funny?
So, since about week 30 or so, Sequins has been in the same general position at each ultrasound - head down, body on my left, feets on my right. I realized yesterday that when she's in her normal resting mode and I lean over, the left side of my belly actually sags forward. Can you see the bump on the left side? That's my little friend!

Oh, there was one good piece of painting and patching yesterday - they got the entire ceiling of the living room painted, so that room is complete. Here is a compare and contrast on the most commonly used room in the house, taken without using the flash.

Before: One floor lamp meant that if you lost the remote, you needed a flashlight to find it.

And now... LET THERE BE LIGHT!

Here's a picture of how Lulu spent most of her Friday in kitty prison.

But then she tried to bite a guard, and got sent to do some time in the hole.

1 comment:

  1. So many good pics, I can't even begin to decide which one is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete