Friday, October 8, 2010

Not Boiling Yet.

Don't worry, I'm still pregnant. No babies to report here. Well, outside babies. The inside baby is still cooking and kicking away.

A funny story. So, sometimes I like to call Tim during the day to update him on things, or talk to him, or tell him something stupid that the cats have done. When he worked at EA, I'd always have to try his desk line and then leave it at that, since his cell phone didn't work in the building. Well, now his cell gets signal, so I call that first. Makes sense, right? Except that every time I call (which is not THAT often, I do have a life and things to do, you know) he picks up right away and sounds super panicked. And I'll be halfway into my story about Thory licking Lulu's face, and Tim'll interrupt me and be like, "sweetie? I just stepped out of a big meeting, can I call you back later?" So now my system is - if I need to tell him something dumb, or if it's something that does not require immediate attention (ie: if I am NOT calling to say that my water just broke) I call his office line. I am all about working out a system - especially after the day that I called and left him a voice mail on his cell to call me, but I WAS NOT in labor, so no rush, and then he called me back 4 times in 5 minutes trying to get ahold of me (I was on the other line with dad, and couldn't figure out why Tim was so frantic... turns out he hadn't gotten my voicemail.) These last few weeks of pregnancy, they are crazy. Now I know what a watched pot feels like.

I've spent a lot of nice time with mom and dad this week. What did I do when I lived 70 miles away? Wednesday mom and I did a craft project, which was a lot of laughs (mostly at how badly our scarves turned out) and then I stayed around to watch the Twins and pout at their inability to get it together versus the Yankees. Oooh, I hate those Yankees!

Then yesterday mom and I drove up to LA to visit the Los Angeles County Museum of Art to see their new exhibit on fashion. They had all of these beautiful garments from the 1700s and 1800s. They were absolutely amazing. I especially liked the ones with bustle styles - dresses that give you an even bigger butt really work with my shape. Also, dresses with lots of embroidery and sequins. It was just a really fun afternoon, and mom even let me pilot the Prius! It's also always fun to me to buzz through my old neighborhood.

So, that's where we are for now. Tomorrow Tim and I have tickets to see They're Playing Our Song at the Freud Theater at UCLA. That is, after the painter comes in at 8:30 and turns out house back into a giant dust bin. But we are almost finished, and odds are, the construction will be finished before we bring the baby home, which is all I really wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment