Thursday, April 7, 2011

Routine.

Oh my goodness, today is a happy, happy day. After a week and half (or more, who really knows, I don't due to delirium) of thrice a night wake ups, Missy Moo went down at 9 last night, cried a little at 11, ate at midnight and then slept until 7am. I actually woke up to Tim's alarm instead of the baby crying. We were both a little confused about what had just happened - had I gotten up to feed her in the middle of the night? What was she doing? What the hell is going on with us? The truth is, the only thing we heard last night was a certain brown cat throwing up on our bedroom carpet. Note: when you've been getting up thrice nightly to deal with a baby, you hear the cat throw up, and then roll over and go back to sleep, because said cat does not require a meal or a diaper change.

I was so happy to have gotten 7 hours of consecutive sleep, that even stepping directly in the cat barf could not ruin my day.

It feels so good to be back into our routine. We played for awhile, we had something to eat, and then we walked with Keri and then a little bit by myself (6.75 miles, not a shabby day.) Since then, I have gotten the baby dressed for the day, gotten myself showered and prettified, made lunch, started the dishwasher, started a load of laundry, AND petted and cleaned up after kitties. It's amazing how much I can get accomplished when I don't start my day at 5am-ish, after being awake for an hour at 3.

So, life is good. And even when a certain someone is not sleeping well or napping well, I feel so lucky that I can stay home with her every day. And I feel even luckier that we have such an amazing family around us - that there are plenty of grandparents who want to come over and hold her, or send me out to run errands so I can get a break, and that we have a husband/daddy who wants to spend time with his baby straightaway upon coming home. We are very lucky girls.

Video of what it is like to hang out with a five and a half month old!

No comments:

Post a Comment