Saturday, April 9, 2011

Productive!

Now that the baby is getting a little bigger and better at entertaining herself for brief seconds/now that she doesn't want to spend all day eating, I am finding myself getting back into the swing of keeping my house clean. Well, clean-ish. My big accomplishment this week has been finishing tasks during the same day as starting them, ie: running the dishwasher AND putting the dishes away. Doing the laundry AND folding it. Sweeping the floors AND mopping them.

My big fun for today was taking all of Elizabeth's 6-9month and 9 month clothes and running them through the washer. The biggest hassle is how all of the clothing items have about a million tags to cut off, and all pieces of each outfit are clipped to one another. It requires a lot of scissor work. Com'n Carters brand, don't you know that babies hate scratchy things? How am I supposed to find all of these damn taggies? I also took all of the clothes she's outgrown, which have been kind of stuffed under her bed, sorted those appropriately and put them in space bags to vacuum seal (and stuff back under her bed.) All of her new clothes are appropriately hung and folded, per my slightly neurotic tendencies. She'll be wearing a lot of dresses, that's for sure! Her next round of clothes is kind of an interesting mix - a few pieces from her cousin Hailee, a dress or two from Sara and I, and even a few from her Grams. Good thing Ellie loves vintage fashion.

Tonight we ventured out to dinner with her, and it was a pretty big success. She sat in a high chair for part of the meal, playing with her spoon, and then sat with Daddy and bounced on his knee. FINALLY. I remember when she was super tiny and people would tell us that we had to take her out to dinner while she was still small and didn't want to crawl around the restaurant and I would think to myself, "are you insane? She eats nonstop from 5-9pm. Unless she's just screaming at the top of her lungs. I can't take her out to a restaurant! I can barely stop nursing long enough to eat dinner!" But here we are, out to dinner AND getting a chance to split a dessert, even. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment