Sunday, April 10, 2011

Baby's First Baseball Game.

This is both a happy and then sad story.

So this morning we were lazing around with no real plans, and Tim's coworker Ryan and his wife Brooke texted and asked if we wanted to try to go see the Angels play today. I figured sure, why not? And because California fans are the crappiest, most fair weather, half-assed sons of bitches there are, we were able to find four seats together during the weekend of the Angels home opener, no problem. I actually could have had my PICK of seats, per Ticketmaster. I feel like we have perhaps misrepresented ourselves to Ryan and Brooke now. They think that we are incredibly spontaneous and fun and up for anything, and they have actually said that they think we have the best, most well behaved baby ever. Yeah. They've definitely been deceived.

So, baby's first baseball game. We also have tickets, more importantly, to the Twins/Angels game in September, but today was her first trip to the ballpark. She did okay! She doesn't like clapping or loud yelling in general, so we had a few rough moments. When the Angels scored on a fielding error, there was a huge roar in the crowd, and then Ellie started wailing, with tears actually streaming down her face. I felt like a real jerkwad at that point. So we went to the bathroom for a cuddle and a diaper change, and then I put her in the Bjorn and stood and rocked her until she fell asleep, and then continued to stand in the back, rocking her through a 45 minute nap.

Babies are fair weather fans.

Snuggling with her daddy. Note: he got a haircut after the game. His face rats are much smaller now.

Then she was good through the end of the game and the drive to visit Grams and Gramps.

The sad news was when we arrived at their house, Dad informed me that he will never forgive me for bringing the baby to a baseball game without him. I am Dead To Him. He did still let me stay and eat pizza, and was happy to love on his favorite girl. I'll let him take her to Lambeau someday too (right now he is shaking his head reading this and thinking, "I am not taking her to Lambeau, do you KNOW how much those tickets cost?")

No comments:

Post a Comment