Sunday, July 28, 2013

Home Again, Home Again.

We made it home, safe and sound. What a great trip! It feels like we had a thousand different vacations crammed into one week. Saw all the Millers, the Thiels, and then saw Becca get married to a wonderful man. It was the best of times, it was the best of times.

I could not have asked for two better travelers in the back seat. Adam slept the entire flight home and most of the driving. Ellie didn't sleep on the flight, but was happy to color nonstop, until we finally got her engaged in watching Ice Age so that Tim and I could zone out for a bit. It was just a really refreshing trip, tiring as it was. Seeing my kids through other people's eyes (instead of my own tired mom eyes) really helped me appreciate what dreamboats they both can be.

The wedding was wonderful! All of Becca's planning really came together for a great day. The food was fantastic, the DIY flowers were beautiful, and the bride was gorgeous (Brian looked cute too.) Ellie's flower girling career was fairly brief, but fun. She loved her dress and her new sparkly shoes, and the other flower girl Natalie. They both walked in holding my hand, but then bolted down the aisle. Natalie ran to her grandma, and Ellie came back and yelled "com'n mama!" She and Adam lasted about five minutes into the ceremony, and then that angel of mercy Gigi whisked them out to the bride's room. All night people kept telling me how cute the kids were, and they were... because they didn't disturb anything.

This is what Becca and Brian discovered when they went to the bride's room for a few moments of newly married quiet time after the ceremony.

This is how Adam spent the morning of the wedding. And when we took group photos I put him in his car seat, and he continued to sleep for awhile. What more could you ask for in a baby?

The girls with the bride and groom before the ceremony.

These are all terrible cell phone pictures - the photographer snapped a few of us as a family, and some of the kids, which I will hopefully have soon. In the meanwhile, I have to go throw myself at Justin Timberlake. It will be my REAL vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment