Thursday, April 25, 2013

One Month.

Our little pork roast of a son is officially a month old today! Time has certainly flown, and it often feels like he's been here forever. I am still sort of in disbelief that he's here, and that he's ours, and that he's as sweet as he is.

Overall, he's a good baby, other than when he's got gas issues. He's started to sleep some longer chunks at night, usually from 9pm until 1 or 2am. Then he spends an hour eating and goes back to sleep until 6 or 7 in the morning. By 7, we've usually got our little Miss up and about, and sometimes peeking into the nursery. The first thing she wants to do every morning is check on Adam, hold him and kiss him. I'm so glad that she's so in love with him.

He continues to gain weight like a champ, and nurse well. I feel like it's my reward for the nightmare that was nursing Elizabeth during most of the first year. If he doesn't fall asleep eating, he will consent to fall asleep while sucking on a binky, but you have to hold it in for him (lazy!) The good news is that a binky is not his dad's finger. We are all grateful for that! He's also taken a bottle every weekend for the past few weeks, and we'll continue to work with him on that, so I don't end up trapped with him like I was with Ellie.

So overall, a great little Piglet. He's starting to be more alert, and beginning to make eye contact. I can't wait to see how his little personality develops in the months to come.





Our two little gifts. I love that Ellie's pigtails turn into one big curl.

No comments:

Post a Comment