Friday, March 22, 2013

I Can't Like It!

That's what Ellie tells me every time we go to preschool, or mention going. She can't like it. She's going to cry.


This is clearly the face of a miserable child. Yesterday was safari day at school, so they had hats and vest and binoculars, and went to explore for "wild antimals." There was a "binny pig" and a turtle and a lizard. Ellie told us about how they took turns petting the binny pig, and of course, how she cried.

But she's liking preschool. This week she's no longer crying at pickup, which makes me feel like less of a jerk. She's also started telling me about what she does at preschool. She's made a friend, Natalya, who she calls "the little blue girl." Yesterday she told me that Natalya had pigtails and pushed her in the swing, and that they were friends. PROGRESS! They've also taught her how to drink from an open topped cup, so my tuition fees are officially worth it.

1 comment:

  1. The first day I took Gabriel to preschool, he was crying. I asked a teacher what to do, and she said tell him when you'll come for him and be here at that time. So he was still crying and calling to me as I walked out the door. Driving to work I felt like the worst human being on the planet.

    He got to like it there, and we were happy with their activities. I am glad to hear Elle is adapting so well. I am kind of in awe that you handled this with so much grace.

    ReplyDelete