Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Six Week Checkup

In my insanity, I booked both Ellie and I's checkups for the same day. With mine at 8am. Obviously, six weeks ago I did not understand how hard it was going to be for me to get out of the house, showered and clean with the baby fed, clean and happy. Of course, Ellie helped me a lot. I set my alarm for 6am, and he made sure that I didn't over sleep by waking up at 5 with a big poopy diaper and a lot of farting. Always keeping me on my toes!

My appointment took exactly 3 minutes. The doctor complimented me on my baby, asked how I was doing, looked at my incision and sent me on my way. I spent way more time showing my darling daughter off to Freddie the nurse and Carrie the ultrasound tech, who I got more face time with during my pregnancy anyways! Then Ellie was a good, quiet and sleepy baby when I went down to the lab to get blood drawn for my endocrinologist (I told her not to look when they stuck me. I never look!)

Her pediatrician appointment went great. At six weeks, she weighs 10 pounds, 11.5 ounces and is 22 inches long, with a head 38 centimeters in diameter. She's in the 75% percentile for everything and totally healthy and darling. I talked to the doctor about her gassiness (normal!) and her fuss hour (normal, colic) and about the fact that sometimes she shots milk out her nose (normal - not going to damage her ability to breathe in the long run.) Then she got a shot, poor darling.

But I made it up to her by taking her to knitting, where she was adored by all of the ladies, and taking her by her gramps' house, where she was adored by gramps.

No comments:

Post a Comment