Saturday, December 18, 2010

Dos!

Guess who's two months old today?

Oh, that's right. The same little girl who slept EIGHT HOURS last night. Tim said she fell asleep a little after 11. He and I both woke up at 6am wondering what was going on. And then we decided not to look a gift horse in the mouth and went back to sleep. She kept snoozing until 7:30!

And this is why her evening fussiness doesn't make me as crazy as it once did. Because I know once she's asleep, she's asleep. It's much easier than those first few weeks when we'd fight to get her to bed and then an hour and a half later, she'd be awake and hungry. I do wish she was better at nodding off when we go over for dinner at mom and dad's. She gets so overstimulated and exhausted that by 8pm we're taking her home screaming. If only she could fall asleep for an hour, she'd be much happier. But it'll come, I'm sure. We're hoping to transition her into her crib and out of her swing in the next few weeks.

She's been very fun this past month. When she's well rested she is SO SMILEY. She also will smile and turn her head, trying to be sweet and coy. She loves being on her changing table and will happily coo and kick her legs and talk to me, even if she's hungry at the time. She hates being cradled when she's awake and much prefers to be looking over your shoulder at the world around her, holding her own head up. She does however, HATE tummy time. She gets the hiccups a couple of times a day still. We do a lot of singing (head shoulders knees and toes is still a favorite) and read together.

Here's a couple of pictures from the last few days, freshly uploaded! (note: I take a lot of pictures every day, hence all of her in the same outfit. I do change her clothes on a daily basis! DON'T JUDGE ME!)

My girls having a cute-off!

Sleeping on my chest, post-fart.

"Hey Auntie Sara, I'm real sorry about peeing on you."

"Yes, I definitely think we should change Grams' background picture to be me instead of Petunia!"

I call this her Liberace outfit. It's very ruffled. Also, velour and snuggly. This photo also highlights her giant Sputnik head.

No comments:

Post a Comment