Sunday, December 5, 2010

Busy Girls!

Sorry to deprive you of your daily baby pictures - we've been busy! Elizabeth's best nap of the day seems to be from about 1-5ish, and I've been taking that as my opportunity to get the hell out of Dodge and explore the larger world, rather than hanging out on my couch (or even going to take a nap. Plus we all know that if I said I was going to stay home for an afternoon and nap, she'd wake up and fuss for three hours.)

Thursday Mom and I took her to the Rack, where she was exclaimed over by a half dozen women, and where we bought her yet another Christmas outfit (in a size that will FIT her, unlike the 6 month outfit that mom originally picked up. Funny - the second she put it down, another grandma SNATCHED it up.) Friday we went to the mall so I could buy some non-maternity jeans. And yesterday we had quite the adventures! First we went out to Yorba Linda for a Grandma shower hosted by Eileen's lovely friends. Elizabeth enjoyed getting shown off and cuddled by all of the ladies. Then Pari and James were hosting their housewarming party/UCLA-USC game party at their new house in Redlands, which is quite the drive. I worried that we were being idiots for even risking it, especially considering that by 6pm, Ellie has begun her cluster feeding fuss hour, but you know, I want to introduce her to my friends and we've got to do it sometime, so packed up and headed out.

Ellie was surprisingly good! She very much enjoyed seeing everyone, she let both Tim and I get a chance to eat, and then at 7ish she hit the wall and we headed home. But it was GREAT to introduce her to Pari and James - Pari and I were marveling at the fact that we met at 18, and now here I am with a tiny baby. She's not that tiny anymore though! We put her in her coming home outfit yesterday (because Pari picked it out for her) and she probably only has one more wear before she's too big for it. And that's only if I make her wear it again in the next few days (which, considering the whole new wardrobe she got from the Grandma shower does not seem likely.)

Thankfully, Ellie slept the whole way home, which amazed me. I'd brought a bottle of milk, expecting that she was going to wail for 90 solid minutes, but she was asleep once we hit the freeway, and didn't wake up until we brought her into the house at 8pm. That was a relief.

Sadly though, the Bruins lost. Perhaps even sadder - Tim and I were both asleep by the time the game was over. You gotta do what you gotta do.

Enough yakking, here is my cutie friend.
No, let me tell YOU about quantum physics.

Eyelashes McGee, napping at the mall.

Smiling at her daddy during a rousing version of Head Shoulders Knees and Toes, which she consistently enjoys. It's so interesting to see her growing a little personality and responding to things other than eating.

Here she is, outgrowing her clothes!

For reference, it used to fit like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment