Saturday, December 11, 2010

Decking the Halls.

We successfully picked Auntie Becca up at the airport yesterday, and then did lunch and some shopping at the Spectrum. Ellie made it until almost the end of our trip through Target. She had an unusually fussy day yesterday, but there were a lot of extra hands around so it made me a little less nutty. If only eating wasn't her favorite consolation (and I still lack the time or energy to pump, so it's not like anyone else can feed her.)

We had dinner at Grams and Gramps and she actually was smiling and friendly for awhile, but by 8:30 it was back to the couch. Tim went to the Blizzard Christmas party for a couple of hours but was home in time to help tuck in his little girl (ie lay with her as she sucks on his finger and fusses herself to sleep.)

Today Tim went and purchased us a Christmas tree. I had mixed feelings about putting one up - a week ago I felt totally overwhelmed by the idea of decorating for Christmas, but I knew I wanted to do something because after all, it is Baby's First Christmas. But this morning when I went to the garage and found my neatly organized holiday boxes, I knew we definitely needed a tree. With Becca's help (and with the baby napping) we were able to get it all up and lit and decorated, and I am happy we did so. I also found Tim and I's Christmas stockings without too much trouble, so all of our handmade stockings are hung by the chimney with care.

Please to observe:
Here's Ellie, sleeping during decorating time. So, we made her a safety hazard.

Then she woke up, so we decided it was time to torture her. I found this hat in the dollar bin at Target. SCORE. It also means she doesn't have to wear the hat/beard combo that was used last year by the cats.

So, once she was awake, we decided to hang her by the chimney with care. She fits quite well into her daddy's enormous stocking.

Lastly, her baby's first Christmas ornament today. I purchased it because it looks a lot like mine (the one above.) I look forward to not letting her touch it for the next 10-20 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment