Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Growth Spurting.

It has been a long couple of days. Pork Roast has been a little fighty on going to bed, then wakes up in the middle of the night, then wakes up at 6am. And during the day he's tired and whiny and fighting naps like crazy. I'm not quite sure what it is - growth spurt, sleep regression, teething, his big giant brain trying to get the whole rolling over thing completely figured out - but it's exhausting. It's a good thing he's cute.

And meanwhile, people point out "well, he's better than Ellie." He is, but you know, she still lives here. So when I'm desperately trying to nurse him to sleep, she's right at my elbow asking me what he's doing or yammering about what she's doing or crying because I'm not holding her/feeding her/reading to her/opening her playdoh container. Oh, that girl. 

Somedays, there are too many children in this house. And if it's not the kids, it's the cats staring at me and trying to occupy my lap. EVERYONE STOP TOUCHING MOMMY.

Thank goodness for preschool, and grandparents, and rum. And seriously, it's a good thing they're cute.

Adam giving Rocky some pets. 

And Ellie doing some excellent pool time. There is never a place where you can't be a bunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment