Tuesday, August 13, 2013

32

It's my birthday! (almost over now.) The older I get/the longer I'm a mom, the more I feel like my birthday should be about my own mom. I mean, she's the one who did all the work lo these many years ago, and she's the one who still has back problems as a result of bringing a nine pound baby into this world. And the gray hair from then having to raise me.

But I've had a good birthday! I woke up to my family singing and dancing for me, and then the kids and I went for a great run. Came home and cleaned up really fast, and Eileen came over to hang with the kids so I could get a massage. Jake gave me a gift card for a spa in Irvine last year, but I wasn't able to use it, being pregnant and all. Today I took full advantage! It's a Korean-style spa, which means that you spend a lot of time sitting around naked with a bunch of other naked ladies, and the "massage room" has low walls, so really, you are basically nude for a good two hours - a half hour to soak in the hot tub before hand, and 90 minutes of the body scrub and massage. It was the best massage I've ever had - I felt like a scrubbed wet noodle when all was said and done.

I got home a little later than I thought I would, and Ellie immediately started hollering about cake, so we sat down (with Sara and Gigi, who had come by as back up) and had some of the lovely cake that Mimi brought (they had also had lunch, which I had after cake time.) Ellie sat down with her plate and Gigi offered to get her a spoon, and Ellie goes "that's okay, I can eat with my hands." Umm... you CAN, but that was not being offered as an option.

I got all the kids to take a nap, and then we went over to mom and dad's house for dinner. Dad opened a little split of champagne for me and mom, Tim picked up pupusas on his way over, and we had salad and strawberry shortcake.

And whipped cream


What more could you want?
Adam and Rocky dressed in their best tuxes for my big day

No comments:

Post a Comment