Monday, November 19, 2012

Morning Fun.

I must admit, the worst part of this renovation isn't the noise or the dust. It's the "being in the house all the dang time." It just makes me stir crazy - I miss walking in the mornings, and heading out to Gigi's house or some other errand after nap time. Don't get me wrong, we are still out and about during the day, but I like to be here when the workers arrive so I can check in and get the lay of the land, and I like to be here when they finish up for the day so I can see what time they're planning on arriving in the morning, and get the house slightly cleaned up before I release the cats from Kitty Prison. So we're spending a lot more time at home than normal. And we're both going a little bonkers.

Today has been good though - the dry wall guys were here early, there's no chance of having the water turned off this afternoon (so I can shower and use the bathroom whenever I dang well please!) and it seems like they're making quick work of the holes. They were fairly dismayed to see the hole in the ceiling of the Pretty Room. You and me both, boys.

I needed a bunch of toiletries from Target, but instead of going to the one closest to our house, I took Ellie to the one at the Spectrum, which is an outdoor mall about 15 minutes away. The Target portion of our trip was fairly boring to her, but the rest of the morning was about as thrilling as it gets if you're two. I let her pick out a new sweatshirt at Old Navy and help me select cozy socks, and then we checked out the carousel that they have there. Waiting the ten minutes for them to open up was painful for her, but there was a little light at the end of the tunnel, when the carousel started warming up. And when she discovered that amongst the horses was a BUNNY (or as she pronounces it now, BUNDY!)

She was equally delighted when it came time to ride on him, though as usual, she was totally stone faced during the ride

And then she wept pitifully when the ride was over.

But for five minutes, a simple errand made her happy, and that's about as good as it gets!

No comments:

Post a Comment