Thursday, November 29, 2012

Flooring.

FINALLY, they are putting things into my house, instead of tearing them out (or tearing into walls. Or falling through the ceiling.)

Here's the ground and sealed floor. The crack has been fixed!

WE HAVE KICK PLATES! That means cabinets, someday!

Marco spent most of the day tiling in the dining room. Double time, in fact, because he'd done a couple of rows, and both my construction supervisor (Dad) and I were like, "didn't they discuss doing an offset pattern on the tile?" I put in a call to the contractor and left a message (something garbled like "wasn't the tile supposed to be offset? Right now it's in all straight lines... whatever that's called... not staggered... you know..." and then a little while later Marco's phone rang, and he was suddenly pulling up tile. I'm glad because I think it's going to look better, but Marco was already moving at a fairly deliberate pace to begin with, so restarting set him back even more (though, in the long run, I'd rather have someone who takes their time and sets the tile correctly. Especially since my last kitchen floor was starting to pop up.)

No comments:

Post a Comment