Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Gets Worse Before it Gets Better!

THIS PLACE IS FILTHY. And yet, there is no point in cleaning, because it's only going to get worse before it gets better.

The good news is that we're getting to the point where things are starting to get put back together, rather than taken apart. The plumbing and the electrical is done, so this week is about dry walling. Yesterday they patched all the many, many holes in my walls, and today they skimmed the ceilings and mudded everything. Tomorrow is texturing, I guess (it was a quick morning for drywalling - they were gone by the time I got back from my walk.)

Main view of the kitchen - you can also see how we built out the soffit on the left hand wall. I think it's going to look really nice when finished - better than having weird cabinets of different heights

A wall free of "termite" holes

The Pretty Room, now with intact ceilings

And walls!

Grouchy as I am about the dust, in the long run, I've been really pleased about how everything's gone. Every member of every crew that's been here has been exceedingly nice and polite, and they keep the place as tidy as possible. Deferential to me and the baby and the cats and our schedule. And the reality is, while it's going to take longer than we thought, even if we hadn't repiped, we'd still be out an extra week waiting on upper cabinets because of the soffit. So there's not too much to complain about.

Remind me of that next week when this place becomes a dust bowl while the concrete is being ground down to prep for the new tile.

No comments:

Post a Comment