Monday, May 30, 2016

Memorial Day Weekend.

It's been quite a week around here. The biggest news is that Overwatch is a bonafied sensation. It's one of the smoothest launches that Blizzard has ever had, tech-wise, and it's flying off the shelves and getting great reviews. It's so amazing to see Tim's hard work be so well received. I love looking at the Overwatch hashtag on instagram and seeing how people are reacting. And I like that there's so many new people in the game, because my few hours of playing during Beta actually mean that I'm better than some of the newbs. Pew pew - here's a plasma cannon to the face!

And it's nice to have him home for dinner and bath time and bed time every night this week. Been a long time since that happened!

No real news with the kids this week. Ellie is winding down her year at school, which is bittersweet. She's had a great teacher and a lot of nice friends in her classroom, but next year she'll be moving to our home school and only one or two of the kids will follow. I'm looking forward to being able to walk her to school in the mornings though, and through MOPS I've met a lot of moms who live in our neighborhood, a few of whom also have kids starting kinder in the fall.

I look forward to many more years of her lunatic fashion blogger outfits.

The other day, as we were walking back to the car after picking up Ellie, Adam all of a sudden laid down on the little grassy hill.

He absolutely cracks me up. We joined the YMCA this month so that I'd get a discount on their swimming lessons, and I've been putting him in the child care and going to work out this week - he loves it, and I like having an instructor kick my butt. I think it's going to be a good plan for this summer, because goodness knows they are too big to push in the double stroller, and I am also not waking up early to work out every morning. And I need the endorphins to help me get through the day.

This weekend has been a bit of a bummer - I went to bed on Friday night with a tickle in the back of my throat, and woke up with my ears plugged and my throat swollen half shut, like I was swallowing knives. I spent most of Saturday in bed, and yesterday actually hauled myself to Urgent Care, where they diagnosed me a gross bacterial infection. The good news, not super contagious, so the kids and Tim should be okay, and the antibiotics had me feeling about 25% better after the first dose and a nap. The bummer is that I missed Hal's birthday party, but Tim and the kids had a great time. I thought about rallying to go, but was back in bed, achy and exhausted, at 7:30. So, probably a good choice to continue to lay in my own filth. Memorial Day is either great for us, or a weekend of illness it seems. Hopefully next year will be better results!

No comments:

Post a Comment