Thursday, June 2, 2016

Here Comes Rhyming Simon.

I've said before, one of the things I miss most about living in LA is being able to go see more live music. When Tim and I were young and dumb, there were several months a year where we'd have two different musicals to go see, and a concert or two, because we had cheap season tickets to the Ahmanson and the Pantages, and if a band I liked came through town, I'd buy tickets 99% of the time.

The good thing about Orange County is that it's not so far away from various live music venues, and Gigi is sweet enough to stay at our house until we finally roll back in at 1am. Sure, the curfew at the Hollywood Bowl is 11pm, but that doesn't take into account getting out of the venue, out of the stacked parking lot, and down various freeways that were all closed right before we could get on the 5 South.

Anyhow. All that to say that Tim and I were able to get out last night to see Paul Simon at the Hollywood Bowl, my favorite of the far away Los Angeles concert-seeing-venues.

And hooray, my favorite boyfriend date, and my favorite musician. What more can you ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment