Thursday, February 21, 2013

Sizes.

The knitters gave me a surprise mini-baby shower yesterday while they were here to check out my new kitchen and otherwise fabulously renovated house (including the front and back yard, of course!) Today I was folding all of the tiny clothes and it blows my mind to think that before too long, I'll have a baby who might actually not even FIT in them yet, because they're too big. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE? I mean, Ellie was never that size, was she? HOW WAS THAT POSSIBLE?

It's also funny because then last night I was out with a group of mom friends and we were comparing weights and measurements for the two year olds, and everyone kept saying how big Ellie seems, and to me, she doesn't. I mean, obviously she's bigger than a newborn, but I don't think of her as a particularly beefy two year old. She's always been in the 50th-75th percentile for height and weight, so larger, but not massive. And she's always been in a clothing size that matches her age. Until now. I realized recently that her dresses aren't really fitting her because unless they're extra long, or come with matching underpants, her diaper hangs out. But all of her 2T pants still fit. Verdict - the kid's got a long torso like me (seriously. Despite my stumpy little legs and overall shrimpiness, I have a lot of real estate in the torso area. I think it's why I enjoy being pregnant so much - there's generally plenty of room for babies to float around.) Today at Target I went on a 3T tee shirt buying spree, seeing as I'm unsure if the cropped top look is right for Ellie. Especially with the weather we've had lately, I think it's best if we keep her belly button covered. Hopefully some of her summer dresses will actually fit her when the time comes. Worse comes to worse, leggings!

No comments:

Post a Comment