Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Good on All Counts.

Missy Moo is officially loving her big girl bed. Or if not loving it, no longer whining to be put in her other bed. The only one disgruntled with this arrangement is Orange, who enjoys all aspects of Ellie's big girl room - sleeping on her bed, wallowing around in her tent, parking her large rear in the little green chair. I can only imagine how pissed she's going to be when the nursery door is closed to her again too and she can't sleep on the changing table or in the crib either. I don't know why she complains - the other morning I woke up and rolled over to discover that she was sleeping with her head on my pillow, about a half inch from my face.

Anyhow, she's been doing well. Going down before nine, and lately sleeping until almost 8. Which means I'm sleeping 9 hours a night, easy. I love being a lazy pregnant woman. I'm also thankful that I haven't reached the stage yet where I have to wake up if I need to roll over, and where I can sleep 9 hours without having to go to the bathroom.

Today I had my 32 week check up with the doctor, and we started with a quick ultrasound to check on the baby's growth, and to check on how everything is going in the old baby factory. Excellent marks on all - my insides are the ideal growing conditions, and the baby is right on track. In fact, he's even a touch ahead. He's measuring just under five pounds, which puts him in the 60th percentile. So not enormous, but healthy. And surprisingly (to me) he's head down. I figured he must be transverse, because at night he pushes so hard under my ribs on both sides of my body, that I thought he had to be the wrong way. Turns out, he's just aggressive and likes to make his mom grunt in pain.

Like his sister, they can already see hair on the ultrasound. And like Ellie, he appears to have the cutest little button nose.

The top of his head is on the right side, and then that little oval on the left is his hand, up right by his nose and mouth. It's single digit weeks now until we get to meet him!

No comments:

Post a Comment