Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Rigged.

As I mentioned, the last fix on our kitchen was the trash cabinet. It wasn't originally designed to hold the trash cans. Once I saw the drawings, I suggested to Glen that we take out some drawers so I could have a place for the garbage, and he said sure. But then it didn't happen, and four drawers showed up at my house on cabinet day. If we'd done a better job of planning it, the cabinet would have been an inch or two wider, to accommodate two average sized cans. It ended up being about 12 inches wide, which is not very big at all. HOWEVER, I did realize that most cans are tapered, so the bottoms fit fine two deep, but the handles and edges are what make it impossible to push the cabinet in or out.

But, because I am solution oriented, and because trash cans are about functionality over looks, I fixed it today, using some kitchen shears for the cheap can I got at Big Lots, and some garden shears for the durable Sterilite that's been housing our recycling since we moved in.

Awww yeah, who wants to come and throw things away? I know I do. PLUS I left one handle on the recycling bin, thus insuring that Tim will have no complaints about taking out the bottles and cans (though, if he knows what's good for him, he'll save his complaints. Management don't care around here.)

In other news, we had to buy wet cat food today, so Ellie got to pet a rabbit at the pet store. She was about as cute as could be, and the rabbit actually seemed excited to see her (we were there early, so he was getting his cage cleaned.) Then at music class, during one of the quieter songs, she and Lexi stood embracing for a good two minutes, complete with a couple of kisses. After class they were sharing some snacks, and Ellie goes "Lexi loves me. She's holding the blueberries so I can eat them," and Lexi goes "yeah, I love Elizabeth!" They are true love forever.

Lastly, today during music class, our "play along" song was about playing in the kitchen, so Miss Elena brought a bunch of pots and pans to bang on. Ellie was initially sad that there was no triangle to play, but she later found a funnel, but it on her head and solemnly said "it's my birthday! This is my birthday hat!"

No comments:

Post a Comment