Saturday, February 2, 2013

Music for the Morning After.

Well, we survived the night. E was up twice, which was better than expected, and both times she went back to sleep fairly quickly. I get it - it's a big change, and it's hard because her old bed is right next door. It's not like we're on vacation or some place where there is no other option. But I'm confident that she'll be happy as a clam in her new room come April. This morning we had a lovely talk about how her baby brother will need the crib soon, and we discussed all the things she can do with said brother (play blocks with him, hold him, change his stinky diaper, ride in the cart with him at Costco.)

This morning Tim took her on a walk and I tackled the bags of baby boy clothes that my girlfriend had passed on to me. All of the 0-6 month stuff is ready to be washed and sorted and put away, and everything else is sorted, sealed, and shoved under the bed for later. That feels like a great job done.

When Tim got back, I had him help me putting up frames in Ellie's new room, so that there's finally some decor. She likes it so far.

Here is her fancy new room! (featuring the same old orange cat. She loves the new bed, of course.)

Her new little closet space, featuring super cute curtains made by Grandma Rosie. The closet bar is hung on the inside, but I haven't moved any clothes over. Her dresser sort of smells like old person (it's an antique) and so I want to air it out and get some shelf paper before transferring all her clothes.

Her smelly dresser and all of the framed albums. I love this part of her room, and I hope she will too as she gets older. Then we also have the masses of toys. It's okay toys, we will just throw you in the room and close the door.

Speaking of closing the door - today I put her down for a nap, sat with her for a few and then stepped out. Listening over the monitor, I could hear her playing with the little door stops on the back side of her door, and so I went to go open it, put her back in her bed, etc. Yeah. The little turd had locked her bedroom door. And of course, the hinges are on the inside, and the lock is a turn lock, not a quick pop lock. Tim used his many brain skills and was able to get a screw driver in and turn the knob, where we discovered Missy Moo crying with a big dump in her trunks. PERFECT. This is exactly the smooth transition I was hoping for.

Thankfully, with a quick diaper change she was back and asleep within minutes. I didn't realize that her door locked, or I probably wouldn't have latched the other side. Of course, Tim and I's door doesn't lock. I mean, why would parents need privacy? That never happens. So when she gets up, Tim has one more manual labor project - switching the door knobs out.

No comments:

Post a Comment