Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Yes We're Going to a Party Party!

So, Elizabeth Rosemarie is officially one! Well, in one hour. It seems slightly odd to me to be celebrating her birthday on the 19th, when she was only outside for the last hour and a half of the day. But there you go, it's still her birthday!

It's been funny leading up to her birthday, telling people that she's not having a huge party. People are like, "oh, well the party is for the parents anyways." Exactly! And I had a big 30th birthday party for myself, so there you go. Plus, we had her baptism with all of her Smith family and even a few Thiels, and we'll see everyone at Thanksgiving in a few weeks, and we're spending time with all of her baby friends at their birthday parties. I don't feel like either of us missed out on not making it a huge blow out.

But we did make sure to celebrate some time with Elizabeth Beanserina today. Since it was Wednesday, we went to knitting, where the ladies had gotten balloons and a banner and some fabulous gifts. I brought a salted caramel and chocolate tart, which was devoured by all of the lady folk, and Ellie was allowed to play with Jan's iPhone, which was the thrill of her life.

Tonight we had steak dinner with all of the grandparents, Sara and Jake, and it was so nice. Dad did an excellent job grilling, Ellie LOVED all of her presents (especially her baby cell phone from Auntie Sara) and then we watched a photo slide slow I put together. It'll be up on the blog later, but warning, it's long. Then it was time for cake! I figured the little hog would be happy to stuff cake into her mouth by the handful, but she was not interested. She waited until I could fork it into her mouth. What a fart.

It was a great, low key evening with the people Elizabeth loves most in this world. And the people who have been instrumental in keeping me from eating my live young when the going got tough.

Now, some photos of the action, including her amazing, totally unwieldy birthday dress.
So big and cute and coy!

OH MY GOSH I AM SO EXCITED TO KNIT AND PARTY YOU GUYS!

"I hate this hat!"

"Your hat, Granny Janny, I like."

Rocking her "snow queen" outfit from Jill and examining her new toy from Janet

OMG MORE PRESENTS YOU GUYS THIS IS GREAT!

Examining her fabulous new phone with Auntie Sara. She is trying to get her contacts to transfer over.

Family photo #1

Family photo #2

Clapping for her cake... even though she wouldn't stick her dang hands in.

No comments:

Post a Comment