Sunday, October 30, 2011

Alone Time.

Today, Tim said the most romantic thing he's ever said to me. He asked me if he could take Elizabeth to his mom's house, so that I could get some alone time while he sets Don and Eileen up on a new laptop. Just when I think I can't love my husband more...

Mom and Dad are off on their way to Italy today. Ellie helped drive them to the airport, and burst into tears as they walked away from the car. I managed to keep it together. I hope they have an amazing time, and I'm looking forward to lots of time hanging out with Sara and Grandma Rosie in their absence. Plus I'm going to wear all of mom's fancy jewelry that she couldn't bring with her on the trip. How many crystal necklaces do you think I can wear at once? We'll soon find out.

Friday afternoon we went trick or treating at Tim's work. His company does a great job with the family friendly events - there was candy for everyone to give out, and parents were encouraged to take a little time off to show their kids around. Ellie was delighted to get into her walrus costume and explore the building. Her favorite part was a bubble machine that featured smoke filled bubbles. She probably stood in front of that thing (on her own! Balancing!) for a good three minutes.



Yesterday, you will be surprised to learn, we went to a first birthday party. I know, right? Only two more to go for our little group. This time, we went to the petting zoo in San Juan. I'd never been before, but it's a great little place.

The only animal she really petted was this bunny, who I plunked into her lap.

She petted his bunny buns for a minute, and then basically pushed him onto the ground. OVER IT! In other petting news though, last night I finally taught her how awesome it is to sniff a cat tail. She followed it up by putting Rocky's tail in her mouth. He was not amused.

She also pretended to be a black cat on her own.

And of course, enjoyed party favors and cake.

At mommy class on Friday, we had a potluck costume party. Now, stop me if you've heard this one, but a peacock, a pink bunny and a walrus walk into a bar...

No comments:

Post a Comment