Monday, October 3, 2011

Two Times the Fun!

While it's true that Ellie will probably get to be the baby of the Thiel side of her family until she gets a sibling, her reign as the littlest member of the Ford clan only ran about 11 months long, when cousin Jolie delivered her beauty healthy little twin girls two weeks ago. And this morning, we were lucky enough to get invited to meet them.

Chris and Jolie may be playing man on man instead of zone defense right from the start, but two weeks in they seem to be doing absolutely amazing. I mean, when Ellie was two weeks old, I certainly wasn't inviting people over, because all I wanted to do was lay on the couch and drool, and I couldn't be bothered to put on clean pajama pants unless my mom or Eileen came over to hold the baby while I stood in the shower and sobbed for awhile before getting dressed.

Nina and Talia, they are so sweet. So tiny and perfect, with their tiny little noggins and their sweet, kissable feet and their wee bitty baby hands. It was squealing central for me. And Ellie was a pretty good girl about it all, and was distracted from her jealousy over me holding another baby by Auntie Jolie offering a few bites of cupcake (sadly, I brought Jolie cupcakes while she was on bedrest, which she couldn't eat due to gestational diabetes. Today she enjoyed one, and I hear they were going to let the twins split the "birthday cake" cupcake after I left.)

Seriously, how beautiful are all these girls? Baby Nina is on the left, Talia on the right, and Ellie being naughty with Jolie (possibly stuffing in a few last minute cake crumbs?)

For the last few weeks, a couple friends and I have been meeting up in the evening to walk a couple of miles with our little ones. The other two babies usually sack out sometime during the ride, but Ellie entertains herself with the friends I bring along for her to play with. Usually I put her in her pjs before we go so that her feets and arms are totally covered, but tonight I also put her in a hoodie because it seems to have all of a sudden become fall.

Cindy Lou Who much enjoyed her walk.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, the cousins together, so cute! Cant wait to have you guys down again and Chris promises he won't push Ellie down this time:)

    ReplyDelete