Saturday, October 22, 2011

Ellie at One.

Well, so how have things been going for our favorite one year old, you might wonder? Pretty good, though apparently being one means you need more teeth. She is cutting her other fang through, and the front tooth next to it. Hopefully the second front tooth will come through soon, otherwise she's going to look like a yokel. Good thing I have a lot of bib overalls for her to wear. She's been a pretty good little egg through the whole process - we give her a little Advil before bed, and if she's being a real turd during the day we'll dose her, but usually she's good with a lot of cuddling and frozen toys. This morning though, after a full night of sleep, she got up at her usual wake time, snuggled up with me on the recliner for breakfast, and when I looked down next she had fallen back to sleep, FOR AN HOUR. That hasn't happened since she was a newborn! It was the only good nap she got all day, poor Bug.

What else?

She got a sweet new ride from her Grandma and Grandpa. Here she is texting and driving. I cited her for it, obviously. NOT OKAY.

Today we had a birthday party for one of her little friends - we have three more to go before our group of eight will all have one year olds, crazy!

She enjoyed playing in the Temple of Doom maze

She REALLY enjoyed when her Dada gave her some cake

She did not so much enjoy it when we tried to wipe all the dirt off her face and hands. She thought she'd done a pretty good job using her mouth to clean her mitts. Oh Elizabeth.

She continues to enjoy reading, and her Coco books probably most of all. Grams got her a new little storage unit for all of her books, and tonight Gramps asked her to get a Coco book for them to read, and she did! She is so smart.

In other news, I put away most of her nine month outfits today and washed all of the 18 month clothing items. Nothing makes me tearier than putting away baby clothes. I will hold something up and think "she could probably wear this once or twice more!" knowing that she won't, and I'll let it sit in her drawer until it's waaaay too small. So I put it in the space bag a little sadly. I feel like I've had to pack away all of the clothes that I bought when I was pregnant. Now it's just the latest fashions from the kid's consignment store. She's got some cute things coming up, but I will miss you, yellow romper and cheetah print velour pajammers.

No comments:

Post a Comment