Friday, September 3, 2010

Prepared to Fly!

Hey there folks! I hope not writing for almost a week didn't make you think I had gone into labor. Quite the opposite. I am still very pregnant and loving every minute.

The good news is that they gave me a super once over at the doc's this week and I am all good to travel to Chicago. I have my permission slip, I have a copy of my medical records, and they ran a test on me that helps indicate whether or not I would go into pre-term labor in the next two weeks, and it came back negative (which means that there's a less than 1% chance it will occur.) The baby has plenty of amniotic fluid, a nice placenta to hang out with, and all of my physical signs are right on target for 33 weeks along. In short, and as always, I am a big old pile of pioneer stock, as is my daughter.

The only downside is that I got busted for my Diet Coke consumption, and was told I have to lay off completely, as it gives me dehydration contractions. FINE THEN. No beer, and now no Diet Coke. I suppose this means I am due more frozen yogurt.

Here is a picture of my daughter's cute little button nose. She is worth it.


What else? I had a lovely lunch with my former coworkers yesterday at my favorite restaurant of all time, Bottega Louie. I got lost both driving into and leaving downtown, which is par for the course with my driving. Thank goodness for the Droid's navigation function. Wednesday Judy and I mooched off mom and dad - spending the day floating in the pool and the evening eating their dinner and watching their TV.

This morning I flooded our fridge by refilling our giant Brita and then accidentally leaving the valve open. When I went back to get more delicious, filtered water, I realized I had a problem on my hands. Good news: all of the shelves in the fridge are all nicely cleaned. Bad news: cleaning out the fridge is hard for me.

Lastly, if you are so inclined, here is Baby Sequins' heartbeat from the recent nonstress test. Basically, the nonstress test is me sitting in a cushy chair with my feet up, reading and listening to her be a live wire.



I'm also starting to feel her hiccuping, which they say is normal as babies practicing breathing in utero. Hiccups are like much gentler kicks, and they're very rhythmic in nature. Sometimes, when she gets hiccups, I have a glass of water to see if I can help her out.

1 comment: