Monday, September 27, 2010

Showers and a Heat Wave.

It was a busy, baby-related weekend around these parts. Saturday afternoon was my third and final baby shower at Eileen's, with all of the Smith girls and the Yorba Linda ladies. Everyone braved the heat during lunch, and was grateful to move inside for present opening. I had such a great time, and Sequins was truly spoiled. Now looking at all of the boxes and bags, I realize how unprepared I am. I still have so much cleaning and organizing to do! Not to mention that I have some diapers (and now a Diaper Champ) but I don't have any of the other supplies to change a diaper - no baby wipes, no butt cream, AND of course, the pad on the changing table is covered in cat fur. Things to put on my to-do list for this week. I have told Sequins that her earliest approved arrival date is now Sunday the 3rd.

After the shower we were off to the Big A for the Angels/White Sox game. Tim's company bought a big block of seats and provided free snacks beforehand, so we went, we ate, we cheered. I spent a lot of the game trying to help explain rules to nerds who had never really watched baseball before. I was slightly ashamed for them, and very thankful that I have a dad who took me to games and taught me the rules. Even the infield fly rule!

Then yesterday I drove up to LA county for Trena's baby shower. It was nice to meet her family and all of the girlfriends I've heard so much about. It's all babies, all the time!

While I was gone, Tim had installed the car seat in my car, and figured out how to work all of the components of the snap 'n go car seat and stroller set. He's so handy! It was especially funny because then later in the afternoon we got our 37 weeks email from babycenter.com and their advice for the week was to make sure the car seat is installed (and yes, I will be going to one of the facilities where cops or firemen check your car seat for safety.) He'd also started the air conditioning, which I really appreciated. WHY must it be 90-100 degrees during my very last few days of pregnancy... and in late September no less? Oh, spare me.

Today it's back to construction supervision. They're putting the cans and fan in our bedroom today, and the paint guy is here to patch and paint. The poor kitties are locked in the master bath, which neither of them like. I went in to check on them and they were BOTH hiding out in the cabinet under the sink. Hopefully it'll all be over by Wednesday and they can get back their normal jerk selves.

Some pictures:

Here's the snap 'n go, all ready to go. Hope baby #2 likes pink as well!

The Beatrix Potter quilt from Grandma also arrived this weekend. I pulled out my baby quilt for size comparison. I really think the great-grandchildren are getting spoiled.

The clothes line of cute onesies at Grandma's house!


The big Smith girls.

The little Smith girls, who were desperate to find out Sequins' name, and also REALLY wanted to see what was in the biggest boxes (car seat and stroller!)

Tim and I at the game. My outfit was chosen not only because I love the Twins, but so that I could taunt White Sox fans in the crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment